Monday, August 25, 2014

These are a few of my favorite things


"To the question, "When were your spirits at the lowest ebb?" the obvious answer seemed to be, "When the gin gave out."

Sir Francis Chichester

The last two days on board the boat were filled with melancholy moments of conclusion.  From Miami, 25 degrees North and 80 degrees West, after a fornight at sea we finally reached our journey's end, 50 degrees North and 1 degree West - Southampton.  A grand total of 4815 miles.  But the journey was better measured in the countless friends we met along the way. 


Our nightly dining companions at Vivaldi Restaurant 


Never having cruised before we had conquered the Atlantic effortlessly and created wonderful memories along the way.  There were so many favorite things to remember from the last two weeks.  I am eternally grateful for the endless food that I didn't have to cook, for kindly waiters clearing my plates and never having to wash up.

Tiered formal dining room

It was fun to see the kids rise to the occasion when they joined me for the formal dining option and figure out the heirarchy of cruising.  They endlessly discussed the points needed for a platinum membership and debated the value of a 'Royal Replenish' drinks package.  It was even more amusing to see them hop out of the hot tub, free feed at the frozen yogurt stand then jump back into the steaming swirling water.


Main Deck

The countless activities were an added bonus to our homeschooling program from the watercolor painting class to climbing rock walls and mini golf.  We watched ice skating shows on a rink the size of a postage stamp and viewed theatrical shows almost worthy of Broadway.  On the colder days playing shuffle board conjured up titanic moments of windswept recreation.  

I loved shopping on the promenade deck during the 50% off sale, where even half price is still ridiculously overpriced.  Yet there was a high sea camaraderie in being shoulder to shoulder with other boutique predators starving for retail therapy. 
Towel Art

The towel apes downsized into donkeys and our finale cotton creation was a dove.  Perhaps it represented our impending freedom from the ship or maybe just a lack of time on the last night?  

We had lasted 2 weeks with no internet or phone communication.  A rare opportunity to leave my world of responsibilites behind and for the kids and I to concentrate on each other and the things that are important.  I had contemplated my small existence on this big planet and learned to embrace my tiny place in the universe.  Captain Ulrich had brought us safely across the ocean, the crossing had been calm, but the cruise had still lived up to its name and been a grand "Adventure of the Seas."  






1 comment:


  1. I am bold enough among many others to state that there is now a potent cure to this sickness but many are unaware of it. I discovered that I was infected with the virus 3 months ago, after a medical check-up. My doctor told me and I was shocked, confused and felt like my world has crumbled. I was dying slowly due to the announcement of my medical practitioner but he assured me that I could leave a normal life if I took my medications (as there was no medically known cure to Herpes). I went from churches to churches but soon found that my case needed urgent attention as I was growing lean due to fear of dying anytime soon. In a bid to look for a lasting solution to my predicament, I sought for solutions from the herbal world. I went online and searched for every powerful trado-medical practitioner that I could severe, cos I heard that the African Herbs had a cure to the Herpes syndrome. It was after a little time searching the web that I came across one Dr Itua(A powerful African Herbal Doctor), who offered to help me at a monetary fee. I had to comply as this was my final bus-stop to receiving a perfect healing. My last resolve was to take my life by myself, should this plan fail. At last it worked out well. He gave me some steps to follow and I meticulously carried out all his instructions. Last month, to be precise, I went back to the hospital to conduct another test and to my amazement, the results showed that negative,Dr Itua Can As Well Cure The Following Desease…Cancer,Hiv,Herpes, Hepatitis B,Liver Inflammatory,Diabetis,Fribroid, Dercum,fibromyalgia,Get Your Ex Back, You can free yourself of this Herpes virus by consulting this great African Herbal Doctor via this e-mail: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com or call and whatsapp him on +2348149277967 He will help you and his herb medication is sure. he has the cure on all disease .You can talk to me on INSTAGRAM..tashamoore219....

    ReplyDelete